Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Home/Services/Permanent Residency change by Family Ties

Mexico Permanent Residence Change by Family Ties

(FM3/FM2 Temporary Resident, Permanent Resident, Family Visa, Work Visa, Humanitarian Visa and Jubilee/Pensioners Visa, FMM in Mexico)

Foreigners that are residing in Mexico, with a valid condition of stay such as:

  • Temporary Resident.
  • Temporary Resident Student.
  • Visitor.

Wishing to permanently stay in the country have the chance to initiate their change to Permanent Resident, as long as they can accredit to be under one of the assumptions of the Mexican Immigration Law.

These assumptions are mainly regarding the type of relation between the foreigner and the Mexican citizen/resident:

  • Be parent of a Mexican citizen or Permanent Resident of Mexico.
  • Son/daughter of a Permanent Resident of Mexico or son of the concubine of a Mexican citizen or Permanent Resident, as long as the child is under age and hasn’t been married.
  •  Be a child or teenager whose custody is under a Mexican citizen or a Permanent Resident.
  •  Be sibling of a Mexican citizen or a Permanent Resident of Mexico, as long as the foreigner is under age.
  •  Be concubine of a Mexican citizen or a Permanent Resident that may accredit 2 years of regular stay in Mexico as a Temporary Resident by Family Ties.
  •  Have Mexican children by birth.
  •  Be parent, grandparent, son, or grandchild of a Mexican citizen by birth.


What do I need to apply for a change of status to a Permanent Resident by Family Ties?

The foreigner must hold a condition of stay of Visitor or Temporary Resident, and be able to present the requiring documents that the Family Tie condition states.

Where can I apply for a change of status to a Permanent Resident by Family Ties?

At the INM offices. To apply for a change of status to a Permanent Resident by Family Ties procedure, you must visit the INM offices in person and submit your request (Instituto Nacional de Migracion).

Good news! HH Consultants makes it easy and convenient for you, schedule your consultation with us today and our team will help you expedite the process so that you don’t have to waist an entire day. Also, the possibility of being rejected and create a negative history.

How long does it take? 

In the best case scenario, with all the paper filled up correctly and with all requirements met, it can take between 5 to 10 business days. However, please be advised that in most cases with people that don’t have experience filling up this paperwork, can usually take 7 to 30 days.

HH Consultants strongly advises to consult an immigration specialist to avoid delaying your process. If you would like for us to help you process your request, please schedule a consultation and our team will provide you with all the details.

How do I start my procedure?

By scheduling an appointment with one of our consultants, please keep in mind that H&H Consultants can always help you in person or online.
We strongly advise you to consult with an expert before you start any immigration procedure, there are many ways for you to save money and improve your migratory history.

Can I start my Renewal procedure abroad?

This procedure cannot be presented when you are abroad, it is necessary that you start this procedure when it is still valid and within Mexico.

Nevertheless, if you are required to travel inside or outside of Mexico during this process, HH can help you with some alternative solutions in order to avoid your application being rejected.

For how long is my Permanent Residence valid?

The status of permanent resident stay is indefinitely valid, so you will not have to renew you immigration document if you are over 18 years.

When it is a foreigner under 3 years old, the document must be renewed each year until the person reaches 3 years of age, from age 3 until age 18 years of age, must be renewed every 4 years.

If you require begin a renewal process document permanent resident of a member of your family, schedule an appointment today with one of our consultants, who will guide you through every detail of the process.

How often can I travel outside of Mexico with my Permanent Resident card?

You can travel in and out of Mexico as many times as you desire, for which foreigners that are older than 18 years do not need to renew their document.

HH besides advising on your procedure, we let know our clients on their obligations and rights as a Mexican resident. If you already have a resident card, and you want to know more about this matter please contact us to better serve you.

How much does it costs?

We know that every foreigner’s migratory situation may vary and that in some cases the migratory procedure can be in different stages. Which is why the cost may also be different according to each case’s characteristics.

As a consequence, we evaluate every case with an initial interview (40dlls, that will be deducted from the total cost). With the purpose of obtaining the most information possible, in order to determine if this type of procedure is the correct one.

If it is not the best option, we will let you know what will be the process that we need to follow.

HH helps foreigners like you to regularize their migratory status, so that you can enjoy your stay in Mexico without worrying of your legal status in the country.

Mexico Immigration Law

Visitor without permission to engage remunerated Activities (Article 52).
Visitor with permission to perform remunerated activities (Article 52).
Regional visitor (Article 52).
Visitor by Humanitarian reasons (Article 52).
Visitor with adoption purposes (Article 52).

Temporary resident (Article 52).
Temporary resident student (Article 52).
Article 53.
Article 54.
Article 55.