Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Home/Services/Issue of Residence card by Exchange

Issuance of Residence card by Exchange in Mexico

(FM3/FM2 Temporary Resident, Temporary Student Resident, Permanent Resident, Family Visa, Work Visa, Humanitarian Visa and Jubilee/Pensioners Visa, FMM in Mexico)

Foreigners that have obtained a stamped visa on their passport by a job offer, non-remunerated business activities, family unity, students, retirees and pensioners; will need to request their entrance into Mexico within a period of time of 30 days after their entry into the country.

This application is completely aside of any previous requisites presented at the INM or Mexican consulate for their visa authorization.

This is the first procedure that foreigners need to apply for in order to initiate their migratory history at the INM.

The issue of Residence card by Exchange is applicable when a foreigner traveled into Mexico with a stamped visa on its passport, with which you may later obtain one of the following documents:

  • Temporary Resident.
  • Temporary Resident with work permit.
  • Temporary Student Resident.
  • Permanent Resident.
  • Visitor with Adoption Purposes.


What do I need to perform an exchange procedure?

Arrived to Mexico with one of the following visas holding a Multiple Migratory Form valid for up to 30 days:

  • Temporary Resident Visa.
  • Permanent Resident Visa with work permit.
  • Temporary Student Resident.
  • Visitor with Adoption purposes.

Where can I apply for an Exchange procedure?

To apply for an Exchange procedure, you must visit the INM offices in person and submit your request (Instituto Nacional de Migracion).

Good news! HH Consultants makes it easy and convenient for you, schedule your consultation with us today and our team will help you expedite the process so that you don’t have to waist an entire day.

Also, the possibility of being rejected and create a negative history. 

How long does it take?

In the best case scenario, with all the paperwork filled up correctly and with all requirements met, it can take between 2 to 3 business days.

However, please be advised that in most cases with people that don’t have experience filling up this paperwork, can usually take between 7 to 30 days.

HH Consultants strongly advises to consult an immigration specialist to avoid delaying your process.

If you would like for us to help you process your request, please schedule a consultation and our team will provide you with all the details.

How do I start my procedure?

By scheduling an appointment with one of our consultants, please keep in mind that H&H Consultants can always help you in person or online.

We strongly advise you to consult with an expert before you start any immigration procedure, there are many ways for you to save money and improve your migratory history.

Can I start my exchange procedure being out of Mexico?

This procedure can’t be presented out of Mexico, it is necessary that once you obtain your exchange visa, you travel into Mexico where you can start your procedure at an INM office within the terms stablished by the law.

Nevertheless, if you require to travel in or outside of Mexico when your application is in process, HH can help you with possible alternatives in order to avoid rejection of your procedure. 

For how long is valid my migratory document (obtained by exchange)?

In this cases, the document is regularly issued for 1 year, at the second year it can be renewed for up to 3 years.

How often can I go out of Mexico with my migratory document obtained by exchange?

You can go in and out of the country as many times as you want with this document, even if it is obtained by adoption purposes or resident card.

In HH besides carrying your application we also advise our clients on their obligations and rights.

How much does it costs?

We know that every foreigner’s migratory situation may vary and that in some cases the migratory procedure can be in different stages.

Which is why the cost may also be different according to each case’s characteristics.

As a consequence, we evaluate every case with an initial interview (40dlls, that will be deducted from the total cost).

With the purpose of obtaining the most information possible, in order to determine if this type of procedure is the correct one.

If it is not the best option, we will let you know what will be the process that we need to follow.

HH helps foreigners like you to regularize their migratory status, so that you can enjoy your stay in Mexico without worrying of your legal status in the country.

Mexico Immigration Law

Visitor visa for adoption proceedings (Article 40).
Temporary resident visa (Article 40).
Temporary resident visa student (Article 40).
Permanent residency visa (Article 40).
Visitor with adoption purposes (Article 52).

Temporary resident (Article 52).
Temporary resident student (Article 52).
Permanent resident (Article 52).
Temporary and permanent resident (Article 59).