Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Home/Services/Change to Visitor by Humanitarian Reasons

Mexico Change to Visitor by Humanitarian Reasons

(Commonly known as FM2, FM3 or humanitarian visa in Mexico)

Foreigners under a valid condition of stay of visitor with permission to engage remunerated activities, visitor with adoption purposes, regional visitor and border worker; and accredit to be under an assumption of humanitarian reasons and by this cause are required to extend their stay in Mexico, they may request at the INM a Change to Visitor by Humanitarian Reasons.

This condition of stay is granted for up to a year, depending on the circumstances and required time for each case, not all Humanitarian Reasons assumptions have this right. Nevertheless, there are other options to extend your stay in Mexico.


What do I need to apply for a change to visitor condition of stay by humanitarian reasons?

To apply for a visitor condition of stay by humanitarian reasons, the foreigner should initially hold a multiple immigration form as a visitor, formally known as FMM, either with or without permission to perform remunerated activities.

Foreigners who are vulnerable or victims or witnesses of serious crime in Mexico, as well as applicants for refugee status, complementary protection, asylum and statelessness recognition, are candidates for this type of procedure.

It is important to know that the Migration Act contemplates alternatives that facilitate foreigners vulnerable, so they can acquire a legal status in Mexico. Schedule a consultation with our team, who will advise you gladly and freely about these procedures.

Where can I apply for a Visitor condition of stay by humanitarian Reasons?

To apply for a Visitor condition of stay, you must visit the INM offices in person and submit your request (Instituto Nacional de Migracion).

Good news! HH Consultants makes it easy and convenient for you, schedule your consultation with us today and our team will help you expedite the process so that you don’t have to waist an entire day. Also, the possibility of being rejected and create a negative history.

How long does it take? 

It always depends on the office that the procedure is presented at, as well as the documents along with it.

This type of procedure usually takes longer than the rest, and based on our records it has been taking around 10 to 15 business days.

How do I start my procedure?

By scheduling an appointment with one of our consultants, please keep in mind that H&H Consultants can always help you in person or online.

We strongly advise you to consult with an expert before you start any immigration procedure, there are many ways for you to save money and improve your migratory history.

Can I start my procedure while I am outside of Mexico?

Unfortunately this procedure is not able to be presented when abroad, applicants need to be in Mexico to apply for this migratory change of status.

If you are outside of Mexico and want to know what alternatives do you have for your entry into Mexico, please call one of our consultants to help you in this process.

How much does it costs?

In this specific cases, HH Consultants offers a pro bono service depending on the vulnerability of the situation, if you are interested in this please contact one of our consultants to inform you better.

Also, if you want to start a regular process, the cost may be different according to each case’s characteristics.

As a consequence, we evaluate every case with an initial interview (40dlls, that will be deducted from the total cost).

With the purpose of obtaining the most information possible, in order to determine if this type of procedure is the correct one.

If it is not the best option, we will let you know what will be the process that we need to follow.

HH helps foreigners like you to regularize their migratory status, so that you can enjoy your stay in Mexico without worrying of your legal status in the country.

Mexico Immigration Law

Visitor without permission to engage remunerated Activities (Article 52).
Visitor with permission to perform remunerated activities (Article 52).
Regional visitor (Article 52).

Border visitor worker (Article 52).
Visitor by Humanitarian reasons (Article 52).
Article 53.