Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Home/Issue of Residence card by Renewal

Issuance of Residence card by Renewal in Mexico

(FM3/FM2 Temporary Resident, Temporary Student Resident, Permanent Resident, Family Visa, Work Visa, Humanitarian Visa and Jubilee/Pensioners Visa in Mexico)

Migratory documents of Resident and Visitor issued by the INM are subject to validity time period which may be from one year up to four.

This validity will depend on the specific characteristics of each case.

It is important to take into consideration the expiration date of your migratory document, this because if there is a need to extend your stay in the Mexico, you’ll need to renew it within the stipulated time frames by the INM.

The following documents may renew for 1 or up to 3 years:

  • Temporary Resident.
  • Temporary Student Resident.
  • Permanent Resident (in specific cases).
  • Visitor by Humanitarian Reasons.


What do I need to perform a Renewal procedure?

Hold one of the following valid documents:

  • Temporary Resident.
  • Temporary Resident with Work Permit.
  • Temporary Student Resident.
  • Permanent Resident (Family Visa or Work Visa).
  • Visitor with adoption purposes.

Where can I apply for a Renewal procedure?

At the INM offices. To apply for Renewal procedure, you must visit the INM offices in person and submit your request (Instituto Nacional de Migracion).

Good news! HH Consultants makes it easy and convenient for you, schedule your consultation with us today and our team will help you expedite the process so that you don’t have to waist an entire day.

Also, the possibility of being rejected and create a negative history.

How long does it take?

In the best case scenario, with all the paper filled up correctly and with all requirements met, it can take between 4 to 7 business days.

However, please be advised that in most cases with people that don’t have experience filling up this paperwork, can usually take 7 to 30 days.

HH Consultants strongly advises to consult an immigration specialist to avoid delaying your process.

If you would like for us to help you process your request, please schedule a consultation and our team will provide you with all the details.

How do I start my procedure?

By scheduling an appointment with one of our consultants, please keep in mind that H&H Consultants can always help you in person or online.

We strongly advise you to consult with an expert before you start any immigration procedure, there are many ways for you to save money and improve your migratory history; it is just a matter of knowing the law!

Can I start my Renewal procedure if I am out of Mexico?

This procedure cannot be presented when you are abroad, it is necessary that you start this procedure when it is still valid and within Mexico.

Nevertheless, if you are required to travel inside or outside of Mexico during this process, HH can help you with some alternative solutions in order to avoid your application being rejected.

For how long is valid my migratory document (obtained by exchange)?

It can be for up to 3 years.

HH Consultants can help you with your procedure, please reach out with one of our consultants to know more about the required documents to renew your migratory document for more than a year, by doing this you will save a lot of money and will not have to renew every year.

What can I do if my migratory document expires while I am abroad?

Immigration Law protects foreigners that can be found in this specific situation, which is why there are some alternatives for you to extend the expiration date of your document.

How often can I travel outside of Mexico?

You can go in and out of the country as many times as you want with this document, even if it is obtained by adoption purposes or resident card.

In HH besides carrying your application we also advise our clients on their obligations and rights.

How much does it costs?

We know that every foreigner’s migratory situation may vary and that in some cases the migratory procedure can be in different stages.

Which is why the cost may also be different according to each case’s characteristics.

As a consequence, we evaluate every case with an initial interview (40 dlls, that will be deducted from the total cost).

With the purpose of obtaining the most information possible, in order to determine if this type of procedure is the correct one.

If it is not the best option, we will let you know what will be the process that we need to follow.

HH helps foreigners like you to regularize their migratory status, so that you can enjoy your stay in Mexico without worrying of your legal status in the country.

Mexico Immigration Law

Article 52.
Visitor with adoption purposes (Article 52).
Temporary resident (Article 52).

Temporary resident student (Article 52).
Permanent resident (Article 52).
Article 126.