Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Home/Issue of Residence Card by Replacement

Issuance of Residence Card by Replacement in Mexico

(FM3/FM2 Temporary Resident, Temporary Student Resident, Permanent Resident, Family Visa, Work Visa, Humanitarian Visa and Jubilee/Pensioners Visa, FMM in Mexico)

All foreigners living in Mexico are required to have a valid residence card; this due to the fact that this document is what proves their regular stay in Mexico.

There are different situations under why a foreigner may request a replacement of their migratory document:

a). Lost or stolen.
b). Damage or complete destruction.
c). Replacement, when the foreigner is in posses of a ‘’inmigrado’’ document which was issued on November of 20122 or previously.
d). Change of name.
e). Change of nationality.

Issuance of Residence Card by Replacement are; Resident cars, visitor or FMM, commonly known as FM3, FM2, Work Visa, Student Visa, Family Visa, Business Visa or Tourist Visa/Permit.


What do I need to perform a Replacement procedure?

Depends on the reason of the replacement. For example, if it is because it is damaged/old you need to turn in your original past document along with the correspondent documentation.

If it is because you document has been stolen/lost, you need to schedule an appointment so an interview can be made regarding the occurring events.

Where can I apply for a Replacement procedure?

To apply for a Replacement procedure, you need to visit the INM offices in person and submit your request (Instituto Nacional de Migracion).

Nevertheless, we strongly recommend to apply at the INM office corresponding to your address, by this time solving can be reduced.

HH Consultants makes it easy for you, please Schedule an appointment with our group of experts, who will help you with the application.

How long does it take?

If the document was stolen/lost it depends on when the appointment is given, which may be up to 10 business days. If it is just a replacement it is up to 7 business days.

The estimated given times are based on H&H Consultants’ experience, and on the fact that all procedures managed by our firm are completely presented according to the Mexican Immigration, which will avoid any possible delay on your procedure.

How do I start my procedure?

By scheduling an appointment with one of our consultants, please keep in mind that H&H Consultants can always help you in person or online.

We strongly advise you to consult with an expert before you start any immigration procedure, there are many ways for you to save money and improve your migratory history.

Can I start my Replacement procedure abroad?

This procedure cannot be presented when you are abroad, it is necessary that you start this procedure when it is still valid and within Mexico.

Nevertheless, if you are required to travel inside or outside of Mexico during this process, HH can help you with some alternative solutions in order to avoid your application being rejected.

For how long is it valid my document?

For the remaining time of your lost/damaged document.

What can I do in case my migratory document is stolen/lost abroad?

In this situation it is necessary for you to apply for a replacement visa at the Mexican consulate, it is very important to start this procedure before returning to Mexico.

If you are currently in this situation, HH can help you with our on-line consultation, where we will be able to provide you all the necessary information and start the procedure while you are abroad.

HH Consultants wants your procedures to be simple, fast and worry free.

How often can I travel with this document?

You can go in and out of the country as many times as you want with this document, even if it is obtained by adoption purposes or resident card.

If it is a replacement of an FMM, you need to remain in the country until your definite exit of the country.

In HH besides carrying your application we also advise our clients on their obligations and rights. 

How much does it costs?

We know that every foreigner’s migratory situation may vary and that in some cases the migratory procedure can be in different stages. Which is why the cost may also be different according to each case’s characteristics.

As a consequence, we evaluate every case with an initial interview (40dlls, that will be deducted from the total cost).

With the purpose of obtaining the most information possible, in order to determine if this type of procedure is the correct one.

If it is not the best option, we will let you know what will be the process that we need to follow.

HH helps foreigners like you to regularize their migratory status, so that you can enjoy your stay in Mexico without worrying of your legal status in the country.

Mexico Immigration Law

Visitor without permission for remunerated activities (Article 52).
Visitor with permission to perform remunerated activities (Article 52).
Regional visitor (Article 52).
Border visitor worker (Article 52).
Humanitarian reasons for visitor (Article 52).

Visitor with adoption purposes (Article 52).
Temporary resident (Article 52).
Temporary resident student (Article 52).
Permanent resident (Article 52).
Article 128.