Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Home/Mexico Immigration Law/Temporary and permanent resident (Article 59)

Temporary and permanent resident (Article 59)

Except for those requesting political asylum, recognition of refugee status or stateless persons, have a period of thirty calendar days starting from the date of their entry into Mexico, to apply for the corresponding residence card, which will remain valid for the authorized time.

This card will accredit their regular migration status in national territory while it is valid.

Applicants for political asylum, recognition of refugee status, which are determined as stateless or who are granted subsidiary protection, will obtain their permanent residence card once the corresponding procedure concludes.

Once the residence card is obtained, temporary and permanent residents have the right to obtain from the Secretariat the CURP.

The requirements and procedures for the corresponding residence card shall be established in the Regulation.