Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Call Us: 619-780-1274 |

Work Permit

Home/Services/Work Permit

Mexico Work Permit

(FM3-FM2/Temporary Resident or Work Visa in Mexico)

Foreigners holding a Temporary Residence or Temporary Student Residence are able to apply at the INM offices for a work permit. With this permit foreigners are able to engage remunerated activities.

Interested foreigners in this procedure must present the established requirements by the Mexican Immigration Law, being the following:

  • Job offer by a business owner or a legally established company in Mexico.
  • Independent activities.

The work permit may be granted with no exception to those foreigners in possession of a Temporary Residence.

The only exception is for holders of a Temporary Student Residence, since they need to work in a field related to their studies.


What do I need to apply for a Work Permit?

Have a valid Temporary Resident or Temporary Resident Student, and have a job offer from a business owner or company, or accredit independent activities.

Where can I apply for a Work Permit? 

At the INM offices. To apply for this procedure, you must visit the INM offices in person and submit your request (Instituto Nacional de Migracion).

Good news! HH Consultants makes it easy and convenient for you, schedule your consultation with us today and our team will help you expedite the process so that you don’t have to waist an entire day.

Also, the possibility of being rejected and create a negative history.

How long does it take?

In the best case scenario, with all paperwork filled up correctly and with all requirements met, it can take between 4 to 8 business days.

However, please be advised that in most cases with people that don’t have experience filling up this paperwork, can usually take 10 to 30 days.

HH Consultants strongly advises to consult an immigration specialist to avoid delaying your process.

If you would like for us to help you process your request, please schedule a consultation and our team will provide you with all the details.

How do I start my procedure?

By scheduling an appointment with one of our consultants, please keep in mind that H&H Consultants can always help you in person or online.

We strongly recommend to schedule an appointment with an immigration specialist, this to be sure that your procedure won’t be denied.

Can I start my procedure abroad?

This procedure cannot be presented when you are abroad, it is necessary that you start this procedure when it is still valid and within Mexico.

Nevertheless, if you are required to travel inside or outside of Mexico during this process, HH can help you with some alternative solutions in order to avoid your application being rejected.

For how long is my document valid?

Candidates for this procedure, are foreigners that already possess a Resident card, for which the Work Permit is additional to you migratory condition, it will expire by the same time that your residence expires.

Please remember that once you obtain this permit, you are under the obligation of notifying the INM offices any change on your workplace.

Schedule an appointment to guide you in the process of notifying your change of workplace within the time set out in the Immigration Act, to avoid the possibility of being sanctioned.

How much does it costs?

We know that every foreigner’s migratory situation may vary and that in some cases the migratory procedure can be in different stages.

Which is why the cost may also be different according to each case’s characteristics.

As a consequence, we evaluate every case with an initial interview (40dlls, that will be deducted from the total cost).

With the purpose of obtaining the most information possible, in order to determine if this type of procedure is the correct one.

If it is not the best option, we will let you know what will be the process that we need to follow.

HH helps foreigners like you to regularize their migratory status, so that you can enjoy your stay in Mexico without worrying of your legal status in the country.

Mexico Immigration Law

Temporary resident (Article 52).

Temporary resident student (Article 52).