Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Home/Services/Notification of Change in Address

Mexico Notification of Changes

(FM3-FM2/Temporary/Permanent Resident in Mexico)

All foreigners holding either a Temporary or Resident card, regardless of the causes of why their residence was granted, they are under the obligation of notifying the INM the following:

• Change in Marital Status.
• Change in Name.
• Change in Nationality.
• Change in Address.
• Change in Workplace.

If for some reason these changes are not notified on time, a fee will be granted by the INM offices.


What do I need to apply for a Notification of Change?

Be a foreigner with a Temporary or Permanent Residency and have changed address, workplace, marital status, nationality or name.

Where can I apply for a Notification of Changes?

You can start your application process at any office of the INM, accompanied by the necessary documentation (INM).

We strongly recommend you to apply for this procedure at your nearest INM office from your registered address, this to avoid any delay.

Can I start my procedure abroad?

This procedure cannot be presented when you are abroad, it is necessary that you start it when your documents is still valid and within Mexico.

Nevertheless, if you are required to travel inside or outside of Mexico during this process, HH can help you with some alternative solutions in order to avoid your application being rejected.

How long does it take?

The time may vary, if all the paperwork is filled up correctly your application can take no more than 2 days.

However, please note that in most cases where the Immigration Law is not well-known by the foreigner or when you do not have previous experience in immigration procedures, the time may be 10 to 30 days.

If you are about to start your immigration process, please schedule an appointment today with one of our specialists to expedite the process and prevent it from being denied for lack of information about the procedure.

What happens if I do not notify a change?

The INM may apply a monetary sanction and your migratory history may be affected, that is why HH Consultants strongly advises to make all the proper notifications between the established time periods provided by Law.

How much does it costs?

We know that every foreigner’s migratory situation may vary and that in some cases the migratory procedure can be in different stages. Which is why the cost may also be different according to each case’s characteristics.

As a consequence, we evaluate every case with an initial interview (40dlls, that will be deducted from the total cost).

With the purpose of obtaining the most information possible, in order to determine if this type of procedure is the correct one.

If it is not the best option, we will let you know what will be the process that we need to follow.

HH helps foreigners like you to regularize their migratory status, so that you can enjoy your stay in Mexico without worrying of your legal status in the country.

Mexico Immigration Law

Article 63.