Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Home/Visa Authorization by Family Unity

Visa Authorization by Family Unity

(FM3/FM2 Temporary/Permanent Resident or Family Visa)

Applicable to Mexicans, Temporary and Temporary Students and Permanent residents, applying for a visa for a family member according to the assumptions of family ties.


What do I need to apply for a Visa Authorization by Family Ties?

To apply for this visa, it is essential to prove family ties with a Mexican or resident in Mexico, according to the options that are included in the Migration Act.

This is one of the immigration procedures for family reunification that the candidate for such visa authorization must be outside of Mexico, intending to travel to the country for purposes of family reunification.

If you need more information about this type of process, or are interested in learning more about the different alternatives for family reunification that the Migration Act includes, please schedule an appointment. HH can support you in all your questions to identify the process that is most convenient for you.

Where can I apply for a Visa Authorization by Family Ties?

 At the INM offices. To applyforthisprocedure, youmustvisitthe INM offices in person and submityourrequest (Instituto Nacional de Migracion).

Good news! HH Consultants makes it easy and convenient for you, schedule your consultation with us today and our team will help you expedite the process so that you don’t have to waistan entire day. Also, the possibility of being rejected and create a negative history.

How long does it take?

Thisdependsonmanyfactors, amongthemthe INM office whereitispresented. In thebest case scenario, withallpaperworkfilled up correctly and withallrequirementsmet, it can takebetween 7 to 12businessdays. However, please be advisedthat in most cases withpeoplethatdon’thaveexperiencefilling up thispaperwork, can usuallytake 13 to 30 days.

HH Consultants strongly advises to consultan immigration specialist to avoid delaying your process. If you would like for us to help you process your request, please schedule a consultation and our team will provide you with all the details.

How do I start my procedure?

By scheduling an appointment with one of our consultants, please keep in mind that H&H Consultants can always help you, in person or online.

We strongly advise you to consult with an expert before you start any immigration procedure, there are many ways for you to save money and improve your migratory history; it is just a matter of knowing the law!

Can I start this process from abroad?

Yes it is possible, as long as the person with who you accredit family ties with is also with you when abroad.

Nevertheless, if you are required to travel outside of Mexico during this process, HH can help you with some alternative solutions in order to avoid your application being rejected.

Can I work with my visa by family ties?

This visa is only to exchange it for a resident card, if your visa is for a Permanent Resident, you do are able to work and/or open a business of your own. On the contrary, if you have a Temporary Resident, this condition of stay does not carry a work permit with it, but you do are able to apply separately for one.

If you are interested in working in Mexico, HH can help you with your work permit application. Nevertheless, both residents are required to notify to the INM any change of workplace.

For how long is my visa valid?

The Temporary/Permanent Resident by family ties is valid for 6 months, starting from the day that the consulate stamps the visa.

This visa is only to travel into Mexico, once you arrive to an airport or border, you will be granted with an FMM valid for up to 30 days. This period of time is given so that the foreigner can exchange the visa for the Resident card.

What happens if my visa has expired?

You will need to start your procedure again at a consulate or at an INM office. In HH we always make sure to provide you all the details of your procedure, obligations and rights that come along with your specific case.

Can I use this visa more than once?

No, this visa is only a one time entry document. Because once you enter Mexico you need to exchange it in the period of time established by the Mexican Immigration Law.

How much does it costs?

We know that every foreigner’s migratory situation may vary and that in some cases the migratory procedure can be in different stages. Which is why the cost may also be different according to each case’s characteristics.

As a consequence, we evaluate every case with an initial interview (40dlls, that will be deducted from the total cost). Withthe purpose of obtaining the most information possible, in order to determine if this type of procedure is the correct one. If it is not the best option, we will let you know what will be the process that we need to follow.

HH helps foreigners like you to regularize their migratory status, so that you can enjoy your stay in Mexico without worrying of your legal status in the country.

Mexico Immigration Law

Temporary resident visa (Article 40).
Permanent residentvisa (Article 40).
Temporary resident (Article 52).

Temporary resident student (Article 52).
Permanent resident (Article 52).
Article 37.