Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Call Us: 619-780-1274 |
Home/Issue of Residence Card by Replacement

Issue of Residence Card by Replacement

(FM3/FM2 Temporary Resident, Temporary Student Resident, Permanent Resident, Family Visa, Work Visa, Humanitarian Visa and Jubilee/Pensioners Visa, FMM)

A replacement is applicable when the foreigner’s migratory card or FMM is stolen, lost or has partial damage.


What do I need to perform a Replacement procedure?
Depends on the reason of the replacement. For example, if it is because it is damaged/old you need to turn in your original past document along with the correspondent documentation. If it is because you document has been stolen/lost, you need to schedule an appointment so an interview can be made regarding the occurring events.

Where can I apply for a Replacement procedure?
To apply for a Replacement procedure, you need to visit the INM offices in person and submit your request (Instituto Nacional de Migracion).
Nevertheless, we strongly recommend to apply at the INM office corresponding to your address, by this time solving can be reduced.
HH Consultants makes it easy for you, please Schedule an appointment with our group of experts, who will help you with the application.

How long does it take?
If the document was stolen/lost it depends on when the appointment is given, which may be up to 10 business days. If it is just a replacement it is up to 7 business days.

The estimated given times are based on H&H Consultants’ experience, and on the fact that all procedures managed by our firm are completely presented according to the Mexican Immigration, which will avoid any possible delay on your procedure.

How do I start my procedure?
By scheduling an appointment with one of our consultants, please keep in mind that H&H Consultants can always help you in person or online.
We strongly advise you to consult with an expert before you start any immigration procedure, there are many ways for you to save money and improve your migratory history.

Can I start my Replacement procedure abroad?
This procedure cannot be presented when you are abroad, it is necessary that you start this procedure when it is still valid and within Mexico.
Nevertheless, if you are required to travel inside or outside of Mexico during this process, HH can help you with some alternative solutions in order to avoid your application being rejected.

For how long is it valid my document?
For the remaining time of your lost/damaged document.

What can I do in case my migratory document is stolen/lost abroad?
In this situation it is necessary for you to apply for a replacement visa at the Mexican consulate, it is very important to start this procedure before returning to Mexico.
If you are currently in this situation, HH can help you with our on-line consultation, where we will be able to provide you all the necessary information and start the procedure while you are abroad.
HH Consultants wants your procedures to be simple, fast and worry free.

How often can I travel with this document?
You can go in and out of the country as many times as you want with this document, even if it is obtained by adoption purposes or resident card. If it is a replacement of an FMM, you need to remain in the country until your definite exit of the country.
In HH besides carrying your application we also advise our clients on their obligations and rights.

How much does it costs?
We know that every foreigner’s migratory situation may vary and that in some cases the migratory procedure can be in different stages. Which is why the cost may also be different according to each case’s characteristics.
As a consequence, we evaluate every case with an initial interview (40dlls, that will be deducted from the total cost). Withthe purpose of obtaining the most information possible, in order to determine if this type of procedure is the correct one. If it is not the best option, we will let you know what will be the process that we need to follow.
HH helps foreigners like you to regularize their migratory status, so that you can enjoy your stay in Mexico without worrying of your legal status in the country.

Mexico Immigration Law

Visitor without permission for remunerated activities (Article 52). Authorizes the foreigner to travel or remain in national territory for an uninterrupted period of time no longer than a hundred and eighty days counted from the date of entry without permission to perform activities subject to remuneration in the country.

Visitor with permission to perform remunerated activities(Article 52).  Authorizes to those foreigners that count with a job offer, with an invitation by any authority or academic institution, artistic, sporting or cultural by which they will perceive remuneration in the country, or comes to engage a seasonal remunerated activity under interagency agreements with foreign entities, to be able to remain in national territory for no more than one hundred and eighty days in an uninterrupted time, counted from the date of entry.

Regional visitor(Article 52).  Authorizes the national foreigners or residents of the neighboring countries to enter the border regions with the right to get into the country and leave as many times as they wish, with their stay of no more than three days and not being able to receive remuneration in the country.

Border visitor worker(Article 52).  Authorizes the foreigner who is a national of the countries with which the United Mexican States share boundaries, to stay up to one year in the states determined by the Ministry. The border worker will count with working permit to work in exchange for remuneration in the country,

On the activity related to the job offer and he or she is entitled to enter and leave the country as often as desired.

Humanitarian reasons for visitor(Article 52).  This condition shall be allowed to foreigners who are in any of the following cases:

  1. a) Being offended, victim or witness of a crime committed in national territory.

For purposes of this Act, without prejudice to other legal provisions, shall be deemed as the offended or victim to the person who is the passive subject of the criminal conduct, regardless if it is identified, apprehended, prosecuted or convicted perpetrator and regardless of the familial relationship between the perpetrator and the victim.

To the offended, the victim or witness to a crime who is provided the condition of stay of Visitor by Humanitarian Reasons, will be authorized to stay in the country until the process has been concluded, at the end of it the foreigner must go out of the country or apply for a new condition of stay, with the right to enter and exit the country as many times as he or she wishes and with a work permit able to receive remunerated activities in the country.

  1. b) Being a child or teenager unaccompanied, in terms of Article 74 of this Law.
  2. c) Be applicant for political asylum, recognition of refugee status or supplementary protection of the Mexican State, as to their immigration status is resolved. If the request is positive they will be granted the status of permanent resident stay in terms of Article 54 of this Law.

The Secretariat may also grant the condition of stay of humanitarian visitor to foreigners not located in the above cases, when there is a humanitarian or public interest that requests the foreigner presence in the country, in which case they will have a work permit in exchange for remuneration.

Visitor with adoptionpurposes (Article 52). Authorizes foreigners linked to a process of adoption in the United Mexican States, to remain in the country until the writ of the case is made, and registered in the civil register, the new certificate of the child or adolescent adopted, and the respective passport and all necessary paperwork is issued. The issuance of this authorization only applies to those citizens of countries with which the United Mexican States have signed an agreement on this matter.

Temporary resident(Article 52). Authorizes the foreigner to stay in the country for no more than four years, with the possibility of obtaining a work permit in exchange for remuneration in the country, subject to a job offer with the right to enter and leave the country as often as desired and entitled to the preservation of the family unit so that the foreigner may enter with or subsequently request the admission of the persons listed below who may stay legally in national territory for the duration of resident permit temporary:

  • Children of Temporary Resident and children of the spouse, concubine or mistress, proving that they have not been married, or under their guardianship or custody.
  • Concubine or equivalent figure, accrediting the legal situation under the assumptions that establishes the Mexican law, and
  • Parent of Temporary Resident.

Persons mentioned in the above paragraphs shall be allowed to stay legally in Mexico under the condition of a Temporary Resident, with the possibility of obtaining a permit to work in exchange for a remuneration in the country subject to a job offer, and entitled to enter and leave the country as many times as they wish.

In the event that the Temporary Resident counts with a job offer, he or she will be granted permission to work, in activities related to the initial job offer.

Temporary resident student (Article 52). Authorizes abroad students to stay in the country for the duration of their courses, studies, and research or training projects proving to be performed in educational institutions belonging to the national education system. This until they obtain a certificate, record, diploma, title or related academic degree, with the right to enter and leave the country as often as desired, with permission to perform paid jobs when higher studies, postgraduate and research activities is the case.

Residence authorization for students is subject to the educational institution acceptance letter which has to be annually renewed, for which the foreigner will accredit the fact that conditions to the initial residence authorization persist. Authorization for remunerated activities will be granted once the educational institution issues an approval letter, yet it is subject to a job offer which has to be parallel to the student major. The temporary resident student, has the right to enter and exit the country as many times as he or she wishes to, and has also the right to preserve family unity, for which the foreigner may enter the country with his family or request residence to them.

Permanent resident(Article 52).  Authorizes foreigners to remain in the country indefinitely, with permission to work for remuneration in the country.

Article 128. The immigration authority shall issue a resolution on immigration procedures within a period not exceeding twenty working days from the date on which the applicant complies with all the formal requirements of this law, its regulations and other administrative provisions. After that time without the resolution is passed, it is deemed to be a negative resolution.

If the individual requires, the authority issued proof of this fact within two working days of submission.